The Nigerian Institute for Industrial Security was founded in January 2000 and was registered with Corporate Affairs Commission, Abuja on 12th June, 2003.
THE GENERAL DUTY OF THE INSTITUTE.
The Institute is charged with the general duty of promoting, protecting, encouraging and maintaining a high standard of Industrial Security study and practice.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES.
The goals and objectives of the institute are:-
1. Promoting Security Education through the following means:-
- Conducting Professional examinations for the purpose of registering eligible persons as Security Professionals.
- Organizing Conferences, fora workshops, seminars and courses on Security and related subjects.
- Encouraging and assisting Security Professionals to regularly update their knowledge in order to respond positively to changes in the business environment and meet the challenge needs of their clients.
- Producing publications on Security and related subjects.
- Providing and maintaining libraries and study centers comprising books and publications for the advancement of the knowledge of security
2. Promoting the general development of security by conducting encouraging and assisting in the conduct of research into security and allied subjects with special emphasis on local practices, laws and conditions.
3. Upholding and encouraging members to adhere strictly to the observance of the Industry’s code of conduct and ethics for a healthy practice of the security profession.
4. Creating Security awareness among the general public as a means of enlarging the local market.
ADMINISTRATION OF THE INSTITUTE.
The Institute is governed by a Council, which includes the Chairman of the Institute Board of fellows, 10 co-opted members representing various sectors of the economy, elected officials with Ozi Salami as President and Wilson Esangbedo as Executive Secretary.